Pages

Monday, September 7, 2015

Why BeautyCounter?

I wanted to start this blog by sharing how I found Beautycounter and why I fell so in love with the products and company. I have been a makeup artist for 11 years and am also a licensed Esthetician. It wasn't until just a couple of short years ago that my life changed drastically because of health issues. That was the point when I started caring about what went into my body. We began eating all organic, I cut out every known allergen and processed food and did everything I possibly could to try and get better naturally through food and natural medicine. With the help of my naturopath, I was able to completely recover. A lot of my issues were thyroid and hormone related. It honestly and truly had never occurred to me that things I was putting not only in my body but on my body could potentially effect my health. In addition to a change in diet, I slowly started to throw away toxic cleaning products and make my own to use around the house. I started researching the products I was purchasing, making my own deodorant and toothpaste and being more conscientious about the things in my day to day that were going on my and my families bodies. The cleaning products were not so bad as a DIY project, But as a makeup artist it was very difficult for me to stop using my makeup, because I couldn't just make high quality cosmetics in my kitchen. I had certain products that I'd been using for years and was addicted to. And let's be honest, they perform pretty darn well. I dabbled in trying some organic makeup and wound up throwing it all away because it was completely awful. I also didn't want to spend an absolute fortune replacing things when I wasn't sure if what I was ordering would be good or not. Long story short, even though lots of things in my life had changed for the better, most of my personal care and all of my makeup remained the same. I wanted to change, I just didn't have the right products to make it 100%.
http://www.beautycounter.com/lindsayesparza/social/45292-Lindsay's+Social
I was browsing Facebook one day and saw an invitation an acquaintance had posted about a brand called Beautycounter. The girl mentioned a whole line of non toxic skin care and makeup. I absolutely had to know more and despite not actually knowing this girl at all, I went to her social. I was completely enamored by the products as soon as I started testing them out. I hadn't ever found makeup that was safe and felt and worked so well. They also looked so pretty and I loved their marketing. It felt fresh and vibrant. I could not wait to order stuff. The lady who was the consultant that evening shared and talked about the company and everything they stand for. The fact that they refuse to use over 1,500 known carcinogens in their products. The fact that they're completely transparent about what ingredients go into their products. The fact that ewg.org rates every single one of their products as non toxic and safe. Every. Single. One.
So I don't have to think about it or look it up. They're safe. For me, for my kids, for everyone. I was almost completely sold, but then I remembered how a lot of other companies seem to sink their teeth into you and before you know it you're locked into them owning your soul and they're charging you $500 a month on autoship for product that you can't get through fast enough. So I told myself "If the company is like that, I'm not buying it." That was the first question I asked the consultant. I was shocked when she told me that anyone at anytime can just simply go
to their website, with or without a consultant, and purchase whatever they want, whenever they want and it's always $5 flat rate shipping. Oh and they have a 60 day return policy that's easy peasy. I literally have never sold any type of products as a constant for any brand and never thought I would. But that night, I immediately signed up as a consultant. Because I knew that this was a company I wanted to be a part of with products I wanted to use and share. My goal is to educate as many people as possible about the dangers of what we put on our bodies. I want people to know that in less than 30 seconds whatever we put on our skin is absorbed straight into our bloodstream. I want women to know that parabens (which are found in shampoo, conditioner, lotion, shaving cream, makeup and more) are found in 99% of breast cancer tissues. I want people to be aware that the FDA hasn't set up any standards or regulations for the cosmetic and personal care industry since 1938. That the European Union has banned over 1,100 ingredients and the U.S. Has only banned 11. That companies don't have to disclose their ingredients, so we never actually really know what's exactly in products we use. This is important to me, and I'm making it my mission to spread the word.

THAT is why I choose BeautyCounter.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me at lindsay.esparza@yahoo.com.
Or if you're in the mood to browse my website, check it out here BEAUTYCOUNTER

1 comment :

  1. Get to know which Organic Ozone Cosmetics are dangerous and best avoided, and always follow brands with full component listings and clear safety policy displaying which components they do not allow in their items.

    ReplyDelete