Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Costco Finds

When you and your family are all eating organic and using certain non toxic items around the house, things can get pricey. I LOVE that Costco has started carrying more organic items. At my Costco they FINALLY have marked the organic stuff with bright green labels so when you're walking through the store you can tell where the organic stuff is. Hallelujah. I'm not saying just because it's organic, it's healthy. There were a few new items they had there that I didn't buy because they had caramel color and natural flavors in them. Below are some of my favorite items I buy from Costco when we go every couple of months.

1. EPSOM SALTS
LOVE Epsom salts and I love it even more that Costco sells me a 12lb box of them for under $7. I use them for so many things, but my favorite is bath time. These are magical for aches and pains, and the magnesium helps us all sleep better! Your body needs magnesium to function properly (and most of us are lacking) so this is a great way to get it! I also use it for a face scrub & for cleaning.

2. ORGANIC PEANUT BUTTER
Two big jars of this stuff for a great price. I've found the trick is to shake the HECK out of it before you ever take the lid and seal off. I mean like get down shaking it until it could not possibly be separated anymore. That way when I open it up I don't start getting angry at the oil spilling all over everything when I try to stir it. Saves a lot of needless annoyance.

3. ORGANIC FROZEN FRUIT
My Costco recently just added three new organic options in the frozen fruit department. I was so excited to see this mix with the kale and spinach already in it. I didn't know this until I opened it up at home, but it's in individual portioned packs. Genius.

4. ORGANIC APPLESAUCE POUCHES
I'm not a huge applesauce fan, but when I'm out with four children & everyone is starting to lose it, applesauce for the win.

5.  BAKING SODA
The largest bags of baking soda ever created and the most useful of all the items I buy. I use it every single day. Add a 1/2-1 cup to laundry to boost your washing power, use it as a face scrub, cleaner, toothpaste, whitener, air freshener, for indigestion..... and so much more.

No comments :

Post a Comment